Search This Blog

Categories

Saturday, August 9, 2014

DIY Bookmark by a toddler

This past Mother's Day, my son made an amazing gift for me! It's adorable and I get to see it every time I read a book. I love it! Plus, it's super easy.

Step 1: Pick out some pictures and arrange them in a word document. Print. Cut down to size.

Step 2: Have your child color on a piece of paper (we used a green piece of paper). Cut the paper down to the same size as your pictures. We then chose to write on it and have my son sign it, but this part is clearly optional.

Step 3: Cut a black piece of paper a little larger than your other two pieces of paper. Now glue your colored paper and pictures on opposite sides of the black paper.

Step 4: Use clear tape (like packing tape) to cover your bookmark. We used two pieces to accommodate how wide it was. You can barely see the seam. This basically laminates the bookmark to make it more durable.

Step 5: Use a hole punch to make a hole in the top. Use a piece of yarn to make a tail at the top. We used yarn that was the same color as the piece of paper my son colored.
This is our finished project:


I think it turned out pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.