Search This Blog

Categories

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Travel: Snack Buffet

My husband and I were trying to come up with some ideas for what to bring as far as snacks for the flight down to Florida this year. I first saw this idea somewhere on Pinterest and decided to do my own take on it.

First I went to the store and looked for the perfect box for our snack buffet. I found a box that I thought would do the trick. It seemed like a lot of them just snapped closed, but then I found this one that latched closed so I thought that looked the most secure. I found it at Wal-Mart for $3.99. I brought it home and my husband, son, and I started planning the little boy's snack buffet box. Well, my husband and I thought it sounded really cool so we decided to go back to the store and buy two more! We each wanted one for the plane ride.

For snacks, we decided to go for a wide range of things. I thought it was important that everyone have a fruit or vegetable (we all chose fruit), meat, cheese, something salty, some kind of cracker, and something sweet. Plus, everything had to be kind of small so that we could fit a lot into each section. But I liked how these boxes could be customized with how small or large the sections were. This general idea is how we got to our final plan.

My Box: Reese's Pieces, pretzel sticks, cubed cheese, goldfish, starbursts, summer sausage, seasoned crackers, and grapes. (I thought it would be fun to stick the pretzel sticks in the cubed cheese.)



My Son's Box: Jelly Beans, MnMs, summer sausage, pepperonis, goldfish, pretzel sticks, seasoned crackers, Ritz Bits with cheese, and grapes.



My Husband's Box: Teddy Grahams, Peanuts, Hershey Kisses, goldfish, dried pineapple wedges, cubed cheese, seasoned crackers, and beef jerky.



These boxes really worked out well for us. When we got to our destination, we went to the store and bought some more snack items and then packed one of the boxes every day and took it with us so that we had snacks throughout the day. Then, we refilled them for the flight back, and we were set!

What would you put in your box?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.