Search This Blog

Categories

Sunday, April 24, 2016

DIY Lanyard

For my son's minion birthday party, I made some super easy and cheap minion lanyards. I think I made about 16 of them in an hour. It took no time at all. And with just a little bit of effort, you can make them look way better than mine did.

Here's what you need:
needle and thread
minion ribbon
lobster clasp hooks

Step 1: Cut your ribbon. I was making these for kids in kindergarten and younger so I only cut about 28-inch pieces. However, it is best to measure what is going to work best for you. A lanyard should hit right above your tummy when standing.

Step 2: Put your ribbon through the hole in the clasp hooks and fold it up to the back.

Step 3: Sew the ribbon closed around the hook.

Step 4: Add your name tag and wear it!



See? Wasn't that easy? And the kids loved it! It was great!

1 comment:

  1. Good for kid's 1st day of school name tag.
    The kids will love those lanyards.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.