Search This Blog

Categories

Monday, April 23, 2012

"Days Until" chalkboard

You will need:
a 4x4 piece of wood that is about 2 ft long. I bought mine from Menards. It was sold as an 8 ft long piece and I brought it to the lumberyard and had them cut it into 4 pieces for me.
chalkboard paint
black paint
paintbrush
letter stickers
mod podge

First, paint the piece of wood black. Let dry.
Second, tape off where you want your chalkboards to go. Paint. Let dry. Remove tape.
Third, place stickers in the middle to spell out "days until" (I put "days 'til"). <--I got mine from Dollar Tree. They're pretty bright colors so I had thought about making four of them since I have four pieces of wood. They could be one for each season. Cover with Mod Podge to make sure the stickers don't come off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.