Search This Blog

Categories

Friday, April 6, 2012

Map and Picture Life Moments


I made this for our wedding. It's a map of where we were married and a picture from that day.

You will need:
Mod Podge
2 pieces of wood (I got mine from Michael's)
map (I actually just copied a map online and printed it off at Walmart when I printed off my picture for this project.)
picture
hinge (I couldn't find any small hinges so I bought a small wooden box for $1 and used the hinges off of that.)
paint
paintbrush
I painted the pieces of wood black on one side and blue on the other side. I did this because the colors matched the picture I chose. I know any colors would look good. You just need to use your own judgement on this.
After the paint is dry, attach the hinge. At first, I tried to glue it, but either the glue was taking too long to dry or just wasn't working so I ended up screwing the hinge on. I didn't screw them in all the way because the piece of wood I used was really thin. From the front, it looks great! This turned out for me exactly how I wanted it to. If you end up taking what I've told you and change it up to work better for you, then my goal with this blog has been accomplished.
I then put the map and picture onto the wood. You first put down a layer of mod podge. Then place the picture where you would like it and finally put another layer of mod podge on top.
Now you're done and ready to put these in your house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.