Search This Blog

Categories

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My Wedding: Centerpieces

I've been married to my wonderful husband for 1 year 4 months today! I'm not really sure why I didn't think about posting things from my wedding before now, but I guess better late than never, right?

I personally think that flowers are beautiful, but we had a budget that we were working with that just didn't allow for huge flower centerpieces. What we ended up going with was basically a tall square vase. In the bottom, it had a waterproof LED light, clear beads, turquoise water, and a floating candle in the top.



These are the pictures that our photographer, Kelly Lyle, took. The candles weren't in them yet, but you get the idea.

This is a very easy concept to implement:
1. Buy the vase. We got ours from Michael's Craft Store. If you're on a super tight budget, they frequently have 40-50% off coupons. We bought one at a time over about a year and ended up getting them for a great price.
2. Put the waterproof LED light in the bottom. It's pretty easy to find some cheap ones online. You just have to do a bit of searching.
3. Add the clear beads. You just need to be very careful when doing this. You don't want to flip the LED light or worse, break it. The easiest way to do this is to put the vase at a slant and slide the beads in at an angle.
4. Put in some colored water. The easiest way to do this for me was to fill up an old milk jug with water. I worked out the perfect color and then for every milk jug worth of water, we used the same amount of food coloring for each one. To achieve the same color that I got, we put in 2 drops of blue and 1 drop of green. Then we just poured the water in over the beads. The leave room for the candle, we left a couple inches at the top. You could also put in some flowers (real or fake) for a completely different look.
5. Add the candle and light it right before everyone is set to arrive and you're done! They look great when it's a little dark in the room (which most reception rooms are).

I wish I had some pictures for you when the candle was lit, but I don't. Share what you did for centerpieces or what you would do differently! and I hope you have an amazing wedding day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.