Search This Blog

Categories

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Our Wedding Cake

I absolutely LOVED our wedding cake! I of course had to be involved in everything. I knew that I didn't want to have a circle or square cake. They're beautiful, but they're just so traditional so I asked for something different. The woman at Janet's Cakes in Bloomington, IL told me that they could do a hexagon. I was all for that! Then, we just had vanilla and chocolate as our cake flavors. I can honestly say that I've never had any other flavor of cake that I enjoyed. I don't like red velvet, coconut, strawberry (my least favorite), etc. The whole reason we chose Janet's cakes was because of their amazing frosting! It's the best I've ever tasted! The design on our cake was in one of the books that we were looking at, but I had the idea to do the different colors. Since our wedding colors were that beautiful aqua color and then silver, black, and white, this cake worked perfectly with our special day!


Pictures taken by Kelly Lyle Photography.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, amazing wedding cake. Will use this color scheme for my wedding cake. Recently I am searching for a destination wedding venues Chicago. Have seen some venues but those are very expensive and small. Do you have any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.