Search This Blog

Categories

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Pirate Party

My son turned 3 on March 24th. Oh they grow up so fast. He's potty trained, he talks more than anyone I know, and he's SO active! I love this little boy. If you would like to see pictures that I've taken of him recently, check out my photography blog here.

Anyway, have any of you heard of Jake and the Neverland Pirates on Disney Junior? Well, my son LOVES it! He has tons of Jake and the Neverland Pirate toys and he loves watching the TV show and he even runs around yelling "Ahoy Mateys!" I decided to do a mix of generic pirate things and actual Jake and the Neverland Pirate things.

Since I'm a stay-at-home mom, my son doesn't really have any friends his own age so this party was mostly for family and family friends. My son was actually the only child there. However, I still tried to make this a kid friendly party. Since there were no kids besides my son, we didn't play any games, but it was still a great party!

DECOR

We cut a whole bunch of black lines to look like the dotted lines on a map that lead to the treasure. We started at the door where you enter and put the giant red X (made of red poster board) over the food table, which ended up being on the opposite wall.

We decided to get our son a pop up Bucky so we just set it up and used it as a decoration. He was so surprised when he walked in and saw it.

You can find these Jolly Roger flags on Amazon for pretty cheap. And this flag was HUGE! It was a great use of wall space.

FOOD

This is the cake! You may recognize it from the post I did a couple days ago. It's super easy and really cute!

You can see some of the food that we had, but it wasn't all out yet when I took this picture. We had cheese, crackers, meatballs, fruit salad in a pirate ship watermelon, goldfish, Cheetos, veggies and dip, and cookies.

These cookies are pretty easy to make. Just make sure that you go slow and don't try to rush the icing.


ACTIVITIES

There was a dress up area that had eye patches and cardboard pirate hats.

We also had a photo prop. I thought it was pretty funny.

You could also apply your own temporary pirate tattoo.

And then, of course, my son opened his presents.

We really enjoyed our party. I hope that you can take some of our ideas and make them your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.