Search This Blog

Categories

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Review: Artful Designs

A couple months ago, my son and I went to Artful Designs (you know, one of those places where you can paint pottery). Well, after we got there, my son decided that he didn't really want to paint anything so I ended up painting most of it myself. However, I did see a lot of kids there having a great time (as long as your kid likes art and painting). The prices are about on par with every other pottery painting place I've seen. However, that being said, it is a little expensive compared to other things you can do with your kids in Bloomington-Normal.

We made two items. One was a bowl and one was a platter. I think they turned out great. Take a look:



I believe my total was around $50-$60 after the sitting fee and cost of both items. After painting your items, you sign the bottom and leave them with the people at the front. Pay for your items and then collect them in about a week after they have been glazed and fired.
They had a great selection of items to paint and they're always adding seasonal items to change things up. Everyone that worked there was very nice and willing to help. They also offer classes for adults to paint something specific (check out their Facebook page) and they also offer classes for kids where parents can leave their kids for a couple hours to paint, watch a movie, and eat some pizza. The kids classes are aimed towards kids 6-12 and cost around $30/child plus tax.

If you go, I hope you have as much fun as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.