Search This Blog

Categories

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Recipe: Sugar Cookies

I use the same recipe every time I make sugar cookies and I always get compliments on them. I love these cookies. They taste good. They're easy to make. I see no downside. I've made these for baby showers, birthdays, Christmas, Super Bowl, etc.

Ingredients:
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract

Steps:
1. In a separate bowl whisk together flour and baking powder.
2. Beat together unsalted butter and sugar. Once mixed well, add in egg. Mix again, then add in vanilla.
3. Slowly add in flour mixture about a cup at a time. Mix until dough forms and begins to clump together. (I don't always end up using all of it, so make sure you're paying attention. You can use the extra for dusting.)
4. Gather up dough and knead it with hands until it's nice and smooth. Roll it into a ball, wrap with plastic wrap, and place in fridge to chill. I like to let mine chill about 20-40 minutes. You will want it to be kind of firm, but not hard. If it's too hard, just leave it out on the counter for just a little bit until it softens up. Then you can work it a little bit to soften it back up. After I've cut all my cookies, I place them in the freezer for 3-5 minutes before putting them in the oven so that they don't expand at all when baking.
5. Bake at 350, time will depend on cookies size and thickness. Normally, between 7-11 minutes.
6. After they have cooled, decorate and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.