Search This Blog

Categories

Monday, March 5, 2012

Chocolate covered oreos for a bridal shower.

My sister found a picture of something like this online and made them for my wedding shower. They were delicious and cute! OREOS BIRTHDAY WAS MARCH 6TH, 1012 SO THEY ARE NOW 100 YEARS OLD!

For this project you will need:
Oreos
White chocolate (I used almond bark)
Dark Chocolate (you can use milk chocolate, but it melts so much faster and doesn't get as hard as dark chocolate)
pearl sprinkles (I found mine at Kroger)
white writing icing
black writing icing (while the writing icings are not necessary, they will come in handy when decorating the oreos)

Step 1. Coat all oreos in white chocolate.
Step 2. Dip the sides of half of the white chocolate covered oreos in dark chocolate.
Step 3. Use the black writing icing to add a bowtie and buttons. You are now done with these oreos. All that's left is to let them dry.
Step 4. Use the white writing icing to add details to the other half of white chocolate covered oreos.
I pretty much just did squiggles, but for people more talented than I am, I'm sure you can do whatever you want to decorate these.
Step 5. Add dots of white writing icing to make a necklace. Place pearl sprinkles on these dots. Now you're all done with the "bride" oreos.
As soon as your oreos are dry, you can package them and use them as favors at a shower or the wedding itself. For packaging, I bought my bags at dollar tree. They were too large so I cut them in half and then used ribbon to tie them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.