Search This Blog

Categories

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Garlic Potatoes

I made this for my husband one night and he LOVED it!

You will need:
potato
garlic salt
vegetable oil
butter/margarine
pepper

Step 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Skin the number of potatoes that you wish to bake. I made 2, but you could just as easily make 5 or 10.

Step 2. Lay your potato down on a cutting board. Wherever it rests is where you need to cut it. (If it doesn't sit still when you put it on the board, the potato will roll around while you're baking it and this won't work.) Cut most of the way through the potato like you were making au gratin potatoes, but not completely through.

Step 3. I didn't measure my amounts so these are approximate, but mix together 1/4 cup melted butter, 1/8 cup oil, a pinch of pepper, and 1 tablespoon of garlic salt.

Step 4. Spoon the mixture over the potatoes. Try to get as much of the mixture into the cracks as possible.

Step 5. Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.