Search This Blog

Categories

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

25 Days of Christmas: Day 1

I absolutely LOVE Christmas! It's my favorite time of year! I don't just love Christmas. I love everything that goes along with Christmas. I love the candy, all the sweets, in fact, the decorations, the crafts, the music, the cheer, the joy, and all the excitement. I have already decorated my entire house! It's one of my favorite things. (My least favorite thing is cleaning my entire house before I put up all the decorations.)

So now that we have my intense love for everything Christmas established, let's get started. I have decided to go all out for my 5yo son this year. We have everything. I have planned at least 1 activity for every day leading up to Christmas. We also have our little elf on the shelf. Each day, I will post what we did that day and what our little elf did that night.

Day 1: Homemade ornament
I bought this ornament at Joann's Fabric for $0.99 (plus a coupon for 25% off my total purchase). Very cheap.

First we painted the whole thing blue. That went fairly smooth. The only bad part was waiting for everything to dry.

Then came the fun part! I painted my son's 3 fingers white and then pressed them down onto our ornament. We also added some white dots while we had the paint out to look like snow. I also painted a white hump at the bottom to look like a hill. And then, of course, we had to wait for this to dry too.

After everything was dry, we took our markers and decorated the snowmen. They of course needed hats, arms, buttons, carrot noses, scarfs, etc.

We put our names and the year on the back to remember this fun craft.

The last things to do were add a string and then hang it on the Christmas tree!

Wasn't that fun? We had a blast.

We also ended up going to Hy-Vee where there was a tree lighting countdown and then visits with Santa, reindeer, hot cocoa and cookies! It was so much fun!
Elf on the Shelf: Day 1 - Arrival Day
Since today was arrival day, our elf decided to bring Owen a letter from himself and from Santa. He even stuck it in the mailbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.