Search This Blog

Categories

Thursday, March 20, 2014

DIY: Felt Flowers

Honestly, I started making these to go on a wreath for Spring. And they might still end up there. But I was going to use the pool noodle as my base that I ended up using for an Octonauts Porthole for my son's birthday party. Well, that birthday party is in 2 days! So these flowers are just sitting in my craft bin in my basement waiting for the day that I can take that porthole apart and make my Spring wreath (and I promise to make a post for that too!). But these felt flowers could be used for anything! They could be used on a wreath, a headband, a costume, a belt, etc. Plus, you can make them in any color. So since these little flowers are just so darn versatile, let's learn how to make them!

I started by drawing a circle (which I did by tracing a CD) on a piece of felt.

Then, just start cutting in a swirl pattern from the outside of the circle until you reach the center.

Next, start at the center and wrap the swirl of felt around itself until you reach the end.

Finally, secure everything at the bottom by sewing everything together.

Now you can attach these flowers to anything. Just use some hot glue or you could easily sew them, depending on what you're using them for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.