Search This Blog

Categories

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Octonauts Birthday Decor: Porthole Door Wreath

We're getting closer and closer to Owen's birthday party! Only 1 more week! I've shown you the invites. Now for the first DIY project I did for this party (and I did a lot). I wanted to make something for the front door so that people would be taken on an Octonauts adventure from the moment they walked through the door. So I made a Porthole, of course!

What You'll Need:
duct tape
pool noodle (I got mine from Dollar Tree last summer)
orange ribbon (and lots of it)
pin/small nail/tape
1 piece of scrapbook paper that looks like water

Steps:
1. Bend your pool noodle into a circle and secure it with duct tape. I found that this was much easier to do with two people. My husband held the pool noodle in place while I duct taped it together. This will be your 'wreath' base.


2. Secure the end of your ribbon to the pool noodle using your pin/small nail/tape. Honestly, I used a small nail because it was the only thing lying around the house that I had. And it worked. Now begin wrapping the ribbon around the pool noodle until the entire thing is covered. I ended up using about 2 ½ rolls of the orange ribbon I got from Wal-Mart.

3. Tape your scrapbook paper to the back of your 'wreath'. I found a piece of scrapbook paper that looked like reflections of light under the water at Michael's.


That's it. I think it turned out pretty good. Hopefully everyone that comes to the party can tell what I was trying to do here. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.