Search This Blog

Categories

Monday, December 9, 2013

Myrtle Beach Vacation 2013: Big Mike's Soul Food

Date Visited: November 4th, 2013

Seriously, don't let the outside fool you! It doesn't look like much on the outside or the inside, but the food is really good. And it's a really good price, especially compared to most places in Myrtle Beach. If you get the blue plate special, it's $7.95 and you get a drink, cornbread (AWESOME), 1 meat, and 3 sides. For seniors (55 and up) could get the blue plate special for $5.95. However, you only get 1 piece of meat instead of two. I had the fried pork chop. It was pretty good. My 3 sides included mac 'n' cheese (I think it was baked, which I'm not a huge fan of, but my husband seemed to really like it), green beans (which were pretty good), and mashed potatoes (which were awesome. I had gravy on mine.). We also got hush puppies. They were amazing. You get 12 for $2. No one at our table had any complaints and we were all completely stuffed. My son really seemed to like the rice and gravy. I had a coupon for a free dessert. We'd heard that the peach cobbler was amazing so I got 1 to go. My husband wanted one too, so we got a 2nd to go also. We just put them in the fridge when we got back to the villa. The service wasn't particularly fast, but our waitress was very friendly. We finally ate the peach cobbler a couple nights later and it was amazing even reheated so I can only imagine how good it is fresh.

Check out the rest of my Myrtle Beach Reviews and Vacation Tips here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.