Search This Blog

Categories

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Packing A 3-Year-Old's Carry-On

Recently, I went on vacation with my family (including my 3-year-old son) and this was his first time on a plane. Packing carry-ons is always crucial for me. I don't want to pack too much, but I don't want anyone to be bored or hungry on the trip. It's a fine art that I'm still mastering. Most of these things fit in my son's carry-on, but my husband and I shoved a couple of these things in ours as well. Also keep in mind that not all of these things will be used on the flight there. You'll want some things for while you're waiting to board in the airport, on the plane, and then afterward on your way to your destination. And don't forget the return flight. Here are the things we brought.



1. DVD player, movies, and some headphones
We bought our son a new movie before we left. Luckily Monster's University came out just a couple days before we left.
2. Binoculars
He loved looking out the window when we were close to the ground.
3. Sticker book
I'm not sure if your kid is as obsessed with stickers as my son, but one thing I can tell you for sure is that he can be distracted for quite a while just playing with stickers. It helps to have a special book for them so that they have someplace to put the stickers or you could end up with quite a mess on your hands.
4. Pipe cleaners
We ended up making things out of them like a basketball hoop, bracelet, house, etc. If you have an imagination, it's quite fun.
5. Create-A-Scene Magnetic Playset Check those out here!
These are awesome. They're magnetic so you shouldn't lose too many pieces. Plus, they have so many to choose from so you can find one for any child's interest.
6. Snacks (You can find that post here!)
7. Color Wonder Markers and Paper
This is especially awesome if you have one of those kids that can't stay between the lines since the markers only draw on the paper.
8. Homemade Puzzles (You can find that post here!)
9. PEZ dispensers
They're a cute little piece of candy, but if your kid is anything like mine, they're also a toy.
10. Magna Doodle
My son likes telling me to draw different things (for example, a boat, an apple, a pirate, etc.). He can draw and he can also have me draw things for him. This provides at least 15 minutes of entertainment.

What kinds of things do you pack your young children? Let me know in the comments below.

Check out the rest of my Myrtle Beach Reviews and Vacation Tips here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.