Search This Blog

Categories

Monday, January 6, 2014

LeapPad2: from a 3-year-old



Mommy: What do you think about your LeapPad?
3YO: I think it's cool.
Mommy: Do you like it?
3YO: Yep, and it has games.
Mommy: What kind of games do you have?
3YO: Uh, Jake and the Neverland Pirates. That's what favorite show I like.
Mommy: Anything else?
3YO: Uh, I have art studio.
Mommy: How do you play it?
3YO: I paint and then erase.
Mommy: Is your LeapPad your favorite toy?
3YO: Yep. I like changing my pet.

I'm not sure if you can really understand that conversation I had with my son, but I can honestly tell you, he LOVES his LeapPad. I tried to do some research before I bought anything, looking at the LeapPad vs InnoTab. They seem to be pretty tied. They both have their advantages. What really sold me on one over the other was that the LeapPad was ½ price on Black Friday. And you know what? That was the greatest purchase I made. I'm not sure about you, but when family asks me what they can get my son for Christmas, I always have the hardest time coming up with anything. After I bought this, I could tell them specific games, headphones (because you can't buy normal headphones for a 3-year-old), a carrying case, and a car charger (we had already bought him the rechargeable batteries). He'll spend an hour playing on that thing, LEARNING. I'm not being selfish and just trying to get some quiet time (although that is a perk). The games are super educational and my son has picked up on how to play most of them quickly. When you plug the LeapPad into the computer, it will even send you an e-mail update about what your child has learned since the last time you plugged it in. I'm sold. My son loves it and that's good enough for me!

Do you have any of the toddler tablets? And how do you like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.