Search This Blog

Categories

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Simple Homemade Dog Toy



When we got our new puppy last year, we were trying to keep costs down a little on toys. After all, dogs aren't really cheap, especially when you first get them. You have to pay for the dog itself, vet visits, a bed, crate, food, treats, toys, leash, collar, registration with the city, etc. Anyway, I found a picture of something similar online and decided to make it myself. We actually had a pair of jeans that belonged to my husband we were going to throw away. They had a hole in them so he no longer wore them.

Supplies:
old pair of jeans
scissors

Instructions: Okay, this is going to be rough, but I think you can handle it.
1. Cut up the jeans. I did nice long strips up the leg. There isn't really a wrong way to do this, but they need to be at least 8-10 inches long.
2. Tie a knot in the middle if your strip is shorter. Tie a knot at each end if your strip is longer.

It's really that easy. This toy is free. It's cheap. And if your dog is anything like mine, will still enjoy playing with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.