Search This Blog

Categories

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Superbowl Decor: Goal Posts

I mostly bought everything for Superbowl Sunday this year instead of making everything like I do for most events. I just wasn't feeling it this year. It's our first year in the house and we'd just finished the biggest holiday of the entire freaking year! I mean, it takes me a full month to recover from Christmas. It's rough. So anyway, I wanted to make something big (but easy) because if I bought EVERYTHING, it was going to start getting really expensive. I saw something similar to this on Pinterest and thought I'd give it a try. Here's how to make some awesome goal posts to go at the end of your food table.

Supplies:
5 feet of 1-inch PVC piping
2 1-inch PVC elbows
1 1-inch PVC tee
rubber cement (or anything else to hold the piping, elbows, and tees together)
Sunbeam Krylon Fusion spray paint
Small planting pot or vase and filler

Instructions:
1. Cut your PVC piping into 2 1-foot sections, 2 6-inch sections, and 1 2-foot section. This should take up your entire 5 feet. I suggest cutting the 1-foot and 6-inch sections first because the length of the 2-foot section doesn't need to be exact.
2. Take all of your pieces (including the tee and elbows) and lay them out. Then glue the piping to the tee and elbows forming your goal post.

3. Spray paint one side of the goal post. Let dry. Spray paint the other side of the goal post.

4. Once your goal post is dry, place it in your small planting pot or vase and use your filler to keep it in an upright position.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.