Search This Blog

Categories

Friday, January 24, 2014

Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Dip

I'm not sure if you've ever had this before, but it's awesome! My friend made it for me one time when we were having a movie night. Well, for Christmas this year, my family got together the weekend after Christmas and since we'd all just had a huge meal on Christmas day, we decided to just make appetizers instead of dinner. I decided to bring this, but I wanted a crockpot recipe. There is no reason this shouldn't be good in a slow cooker, right? I tried it out. And it totally worked! Yay! I'm making this for Superbowl Sunday. I can't wait.

Ingredients:
3-4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, shredded
1 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
1 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 jar of ranch dressing, I used Marzetti's (my favorite), but I've also made it with generic and it was just as good

Steps:
1. Put water in a large pot, enough to cover the chicken. Bring the water and chicken to a boil. Boil for about 15-20 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked. Shred the chicken with a fork.
2. Add hot sauce, cream cheese, and dressing to mixing bowl. Mix on low speed until well blended, 30-60 seconds.
3. Mix in cheese.
4. Add chicken to cream cheese mixture.
5. Mix until blended to desired consistency. If you would like your chicken chunky do not mix long at all. If you would prefer a creamier, dip-like texture, mix a little longer.
6. Transfer mixture to slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-5 hours, then keep warm. Serve with crackers, rolls, celery sticks, Tostitos scoops, Fritos scoops, pretzel chips, etc.

Bonus Tip: I made this the day before, refrigerated it, and then stuck it into the slow cooker on low 4 hours ahead of time and then turned it to warm. It turned out great.

Bonus Tip: I also tried cutting up the chicken instead of shredding it and then adding it to the rest of the ingredients after it was blended and then folded the chicken in. Then, we put it on buns and they made great Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches! Awesome, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.