Search This Blog

Categories

Monday, January 13, 2014

Recipe: Homemade Dog Treats

I made these for my pup and my sisters' dogs for Christmas and I gave some to our neighbors that have 3 dogs. I found some mini Christmas cookie cutters at Wal-Mart, but I know that you can find bones on Amazon and some craft stores. The dogs really seemed to enjoy these treats.



Ingredients:
2 cups whole wheat flour
½ cup old fashioned oats
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 cup creamy peanut butter

Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats and baking powder. Stir in the broth and peanut butter until the mixture forms a crumbly dough. Press the dough together to form a ball.
3. On a lightly floured work surface, knead the dough for 30 seconds until smooth. Roll out the dough into a 10-inch circle, about ½-inch thick. Using a cookie-cutter, cut out and place on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake until light golden, about 20 minutes.

Have you ever made homemade dog treats? Do your dogs like them better than store bought?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.