Search This Blog

Categories

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Recipe: Bacon Cheddar Pinwheels

Yesterday, I shared my recipe for churros on a stick using crescent rolls. Today, I'm using crescent rolls in a different way. My obsession runs deep. This is a seriously easy recipe. Enjoy!



Ingredients:
1 can seamless crescent dough
2 tablespoons ranch dressing
4 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
½ cup finely shredded cheddar cheese

Steps:
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Unroll the dough. Cut lengthwise into 2 long rectangles and press into a 12x4-inch rectangle.
2. Spread dressing over each rectangle to edges. Sprinkle each with bacon and cheddar cheese. Roll up the rectangle. Cut into 8 slices. Place cut side down on cookie sheet.
3. Bake 12-17 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown.

The biggest issue I had with this recipe was when I cut the pinwheels from the large roll. Some of them separated a little. This is an easy fix. Just roll them back up so that they look nice and place them on your baking sheet. Don't be afraid to get your hands a little dirty. How did yours turn out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.