Search This Blog

Categories

Friday, February 7, 2014

Collage Letter

I made this to go in the hallway. When I was younger, my parents used to fill the hallway by the bedrooms with tons of pictures. Every year, my mom would replace the yearbook pictures for myself and my two sisters and there were so many pictures of family. I love the idea. You see them every time you go to your room. In my house though, there isn't a lot of hallway wall space so when I found this, I thought it would be perfect.



Supplies:
Wooden Letter (I used an 'L' because it's the first letter of my last name)
Paint
Pictures
Mod Podge
Scissors

Steps:
1. Paint your letter. I painted mine aqua (my favorite color) because my hallway is very lacking in the color department, but a simple black would also look nice.

2. Pick out pictures that you want to use. I used black and white pictures because I thought it would look nice against the aqua of the L.
3. Place your pictures. Cut them down if you need to. I actually used some tape to put down my pictures, turned the letter over, drew the outline of the 'L', and then cut my pictures.

4. Put down a layer of mod podge on the wooden letter. Put the pictures in place, mod podge over the top and you're done!



When I was going through my craft bin looking for a paintbrush to paint the L, I noticed these 2 wooden picture frames that I had bought a long time ago and decided to paint those the same color and put them in the hallway with the L. I think it turned out nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.