Search This Blog

Categories

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Recipe: Biscuits and Gravy

I seriously love biscuits and gravy. It's my favorite breakfast in the entire world. Homemade, that is. I've had lots of biscuits and gravy at restaurants and it's never that good. It just never tastes right. I'm not sure if my recipe is just amazing or what. It's actually the easiest recipe I have.



Ingredients:
1 lb ground sausage (I prefer mild, but some people like spicy)
½ cup flour
4 cups milk
1/8 teaspoon of salt
1/8 teaspoon of pepper
8 count can of biscuits (that's right, I don't make those homemade)

Steps:
1. Preheat the oven according to your can of biscuits. Brown the ground sausage.
2. Mix in the flour until it's dissolved. Put the biscuits in the oven.
3. Add the milk, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir often.
4. Keep cooking until your gravy is the consistency that you desire.
5. EAT! I cut open my biscuit and cover them with the gravy.

If you for some reason use WAY less gravy than I do or you really love gravy with A LOT of sausage, you could always half everything except the sausage and biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.