Search This Blog

Categories

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Recipe: Slow Cooker Chili



My husband has been craving chili lately, especially since it's been so cold so I thought I would try my hand at making some. I've never made chili before so I did some research online. Basically, what I learned is that you can put almost anything in chili. I mean, as long as you have a tomato-based sauce and some chili powder, anything else that you add is pretty much up to you. I personally think my chili turned out pretty good. Give it a try.

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
¾ white onion, chopped
30 oz tomato sauce
6 oz tomato paste
2 tsp Chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
31 oz canned red beans
½ tsp cinnamon
2 medium celery stalks, ¼-inch slices
¼ white onion, finely chopped, if desired
shredded cheddar cheese, if desired

Steps:
1. Brown the ground beef. Strain. Put in slow cooker.
2. Mix the ¾ white onion, tomato sauce, tomato paste, chili powder, garlic powder, red beans, cinnamon, and celery stalks in the slow cooker and turn it on low.
3. Let it cook for 6-8 hours.
4. Place in a bowl and top with finely chopped onions and shredded cheddar cheese to serve.

What do you put in your chili?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.