Search This Blog

Categories

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Super Bowl Decor

We're still in the first year of being homeowners so we want to celebrate EVERYTHING at our house. My husband somehow talked me into buying this big 55” TV for our basement and you know what? I don't hate it. Well, since we have this big TV, we decided to watch the Superbowl at our own house. We invited our neighbors over, but even if it turns out to just be the 3 of us, we're still going all out.

I started our Superbowl decorating by cleaning off a wall of our basement to put a table for food. I found this great set at Party City for only $15 (½ off) that has a table cloth that looks like a football field and a flag with my husband's favorite football team on it. This table is going to be the majority of our decorating so it has to look great!

On this table we're going to have a slow cooker with Buffalo Chicken Dip in it, a football bowl with Fritos for the dip, a platter with sandwiches, cookies, cupcakes, chocolate covered strawberries, and a cheeseball and crackers. Everything will be football themed of course! On each end of the table, we made some PVC pipe uprights. It looks pretty good if I do say so myself.

For some extra decoration, we put up a football pennant banner on the bulkhead part of our basement. It's weird. It goes right down the middle of our basement. So we tried to play it up and make it look like it belonged.

And just for a little something more, I found these really cool football lanterns at Party City. I think you can also find them on Amazon. They're up in random places around our basement.



I hope this gave you some inspiration on how to decorate for your Superbowl party. I'll let you know how ours turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.