Search This Blog

Categories

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Touchdown Cupcakes!



To be perfectly honest with you, I don't make a lot of things from scratch. There are my few tried and true recipes that I will go all out for, but cakes and cupcakes are definitely not one of those. I've tried a lot of fully homemade cakes and I've tried a lot of boxed cakes. You know what my favorite is? It's Betty Crocker's Super Moist Triple Chocolate Fudge. I think it's the best. That's my personal opinion anyway.

So clearly, the first step to making these Superbowl Cupcakes, is to make some cupcakes. Let them cool. Then, use food coloring to color your frosting. I just had store-bought frosting because unless I'm only making cupcakes, I have a lot going on and don't really have the time or energy to make mine from scratch, but feel free if that's your thing. Pipe the frosting on to look like grass.


To make the goalposts, melt some almond bark and color it yellow. Put it in a squirt bottle. I was going to try and make goalposts out of 4 pretzel sticks, but that didn't really work out as planned so I thought of something new. I took the yellow almond bark and piped some yellow goal posts on some wax paper. When they're hard, push the goal post into the cupcake. If you can find them (I got mine from Party City), then add a sugar football at the base of the goal post for a finished look.

If you can't find them, but really love the look of the football, I bet it wouldn't be too hard to make some using chocolate and almond bark. You just need to melt them, put them in squirt bottles and make them on some wax paper. Let them harden and then peel them off.

I actually had some extra batter after I made my 18 regular-sized cupcakes (because that's how many sugar footballs I had), so I made mini cupcakes. Then, I used the leftover frosting on them. And to finish them off, I put the extra goal posts on top.

They're easy. They taste great. And they're absolutely adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.